Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Six Jours

Today Fayette school started...I wasn't there. Instead I was at home getting ready and stressing out.It was so weird to not be in school.

I'm amazed how time can fly. Just a while ago I was saying only 4 months, then 4 weeks,...now 6 days. I can't comprehend that in less than a week I will be in France. I often ask myself,"What was I thinking?"...an entire year away from where I've lived my entire life, and (likely) a couple months without being able to communicate(in speech anyway, luckly i'm awesome at charades)

I think we've finally got all the clothes and supplies I could possibly need...for the rest of my life.

Today i went to Fayette's Rotary meeting, and talked a little bit about my upcoming trip. It was great to see so many people so excited for me, and to see how much support i have back home.

I also bought a Skype number and subscription today so I can easily keep in touch with my friends and family. I also attempted to teach mom how to use it,(emphasis on attempted!).She was amazed that she could call my computer through the house phone.

So ,this is it, here it goes! The next time I write I'll be there, in France! Hopefully I'll have some pics to share too.

Au revoir États-Unis!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome at charades! Just don't use sounds like--probably won't work as well until you know the language! ALSO, what's your Skype number?? I bet lots of people will want to call you and check in--especially b/c it's a local (660) number!

    ReplyDelete