Sunday, September 27, 2009

Village dans le ciel ( Village in the sky)

So I'm gonna start at last weekend. Yzabel, Cannelle and I went festival in Frejus (a larger town on the sea). There was a dancing competition, people flying model airplanes (I think gas powered), people roller skating, riding bikes, music, booths, and lots of other things. It was really nice because the entire week it had been raining, and we were finally able to enjoy sunny weather!

School went good last week; the craziest thing to happen was... While in history class, some students near the window noticed something and all the class ran to the window (teacher included) and saw that smoke was coming from the building across the courtyard. We heard the fire truck come, and there were lots of students out in the courtyard. We asked the teacher if we should evacuate, but she said no. Over the intercom someone said something, which I think had to do with not evacuating, because the teacher gave us an "I told you so" look. I turns out that it was either grass or a tree just outside the complex, I'm guessing it was started by a cigarette.

Wednesday was mine and France's one month (four week) anniversary, and what a month it's been! I really can't believe it's only been a month. They say time flies when you’re having fun, but that's not the case here! Friday night I got some really, really awesome news, which I'll tell you about next week...it's really awesome!! Saturday morning I went on a short run around the town, it's hard to know where to run, but I think I figured out a good route that I'll try out soon. Then Claude's mother came. She was so kind and made me feel like her grandson. She told me to call her Mamie (grandma), which was very nice.

Then Claude, Yzabel, Mamie and I went to a town called Tourtour, (Village dans le ciel). It was truly incredible. The village is at the top of one of the higher hill/mountains around (630 m). There's a spring at a high point in the town whose water runs under the streets and powers all the fountains, and many old stone buildings.

Now, it’s Monday night. School was good today, I spent a lot of time in CDI (the study hall/library) working on different things. For example: registering with the US embassy and looking up information on Hamlet, (I have an essay due next Monday). Thursday night I’m going to the Rotary meeting again (they have it once a month). Saturday me and the eight other Rotary exchange students of the Var and Alpes Maritime are going on a boat ride from St.Raphael to St.Tropez , and then having a picnic with our families. I’m pretty psyched! So that's all for now! I think you’re groovy in a far out kinda way (Quick! Name that movie!). I hope you’re all well!

-Eli

P.S. I know I leave out lots of details, so if you have any questions send them via email/comment and next week I can answer all your questions on the blog post.

New Pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/elitinkfort/September272009Tourtour#

http://picasaweb.google.com/elitinkfort/September192009ToSeptember262009#

3 comments:

  1. Still trying to find my way around your blog.


    But I am making progress, slowly.

    pax
    joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. EJ! I, too, think YOU ARE THE BEST EVER! When do we get another blog post??

    ReplyDelete